Xiaomi fans rejoice! Our wait is finally over!! We have LOLLIPOP!! And this time almost everything works! You can make calls and surf the net and perform most of the functions flawlessly. After a long time in development as the radios could not be made to work, we finally have the latest and greatest of Google’s Android running on our humble Redmi 1S. Now before we begin, let me disclose that there is a bug with the Wifi MAC address, However Wifi is pretty usable so it is not a cause for major concern. This ROM however is still in beta so if you face any bugs, do not hesitate to leave them in the comments below!
- Your Xiaomi Redmi 1S must be rooted. Check out this link to know how to do that.
- You must have a custom recovery installed, like TWRP or CWM.
- Your phone must be charged over 80%.
- Some common sense and ability to follow instructions.
With that done, let’s get this show on the road.
Press the volume up and power buttons simultaneously till the TWRP recovery screen shows up. Take a backup of your current ROM. This backup is very important if anything ever goes wrong.
Go to the install option and navigate to the folder containing the ROM. Install the ROM.
Go to the Wipe option and perform the basic wipe.
Install the GAPP-s package.
Perform another wipe. Reboot into system.
The first boot may take some time around 10 minutes. So don’t worry too much if it takes a tad bit too long to boot up.
- wifi: ok (MAC address is not fixed)(wifi is working fine)
- Bluetooth: ok (tested Bluetooth headset, transfer files, Bluetooth sharing networks, etc.)
- 3G is okay
- off charge: ok
- GPS: ok
- Camera: ok
- the display driver (gpu etc.): ok (Android4.4.4 has been upgraded)
- selinux: ok
- Sound driver (mic and speak, etc.): ok
- Proximity sensor: ok
- Light sensor: ok
- Direction (triaxial) Sensor: ok
- Video playback: ok
- Touch driver: ok
- OTG: ok
- WFD (Wireless Display): Unknown (to be tested wfd TV function)
- mtp usb drives, etc: ok
- 3G Data Sharing: ok (tested usb, wifi, Bluetooth and other shared are ok)
- Vibration: ok
- Breathing light: ok (you can set the color and length of breathing, support calls flash)
- FM radio: ok
Sound Patch: Download from here
Wifi Patch: Download from here
How do you like this ROM? Leave your comments and questions down below. Also if you want me to test out any other ROm for the Xiaomi Redmi 1s, sound off below.
We’ll leave you with a few screenshots of the ROM.