Google Nexus devices series have been very popular for the last 3 years mainly after the launch of the popular LG Nexus 4 . Google manages the design, development, marketing, and support of these devices, but manufacturing is carried out by partnering OEMs like LG, Motorola, HTC, Asus,etc . These device provide you with a pure stock Android experience, no modifications done by manufacturer or carriers.. The best part of buying a Nexus device is that you’ll receive the latest Android updates faster than any other smartphone, as the software updates for Nexus devices is handled by Google itself. That’s why we are here today to guide you on how to update your Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 to the latest Android 5.1.1. Lollipop (LMY47V). You’ll also receive this update via OTA but if you want to update manually then you’re at the right place. To update manually, make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked, we’ll update your device using ADB and Fastboot.
- This article is only about LG Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 (Don’t try this on any other Nexus device).
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked, If not Click Here to unlock.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- This method is for Windows, Linux and MAC users.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Nexus device.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- ADB and Fastboot zip file
- Download Android 5.1.1. Lollipop for Nexus 4
- Download Android 5.1.1. Lollipop for Nexus 5
How to Update Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 to Android 5.1.1. Lollipop
- Follow all the instructions mentioned above first.
- Download ADB and Fastboot zip file and also Update file for according to your device.
- Extract the ADB and Fastboot zip file in a folder and also also extract the Android 5.1.1. update files in the same folder.
- Now connect your device to PC using data cable (Make sure USB Drivers are installed in your PC and USB Debugging is enabled in your device).
- Now Turn OFF your phone and then Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now open the folder where you extracted all the files and run these files according to your OS.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Now wait for the process to complete, after that your device will boot. First boot can take few minutes so be patient.
That’s it, your device is successfully updated to Android 5.1.1. Lollipop.