One of the main reason behind the success of Samsung in the smartphone market is it’s S series of smartphones. From Samsung Galaxy S to the S6, each and every smartphone has been a huge success for Samsung in terms of sales and popularity. The successor to the Galaxy S III, the S4 maintains a similar design, but with upgraded hardware and an increased focus on software features. The company sold more than 20 million units of this smartphone after just two months of its launch and 40 million in the first 6. The device become so popular because of its high-end spec sheet. It was one of the first devices to come with a 5-inch Full HD display, an Octa-core processor with Exynos 5 Octa 5410 and 2 GB RAM. A 13 MP main camera with Full HD video recording support and a 2 MP front facing camera also with Full HD video recording support. The device came packed with 4.2 Jellybean at that time, but since then it has received lots of software updates. Now Samsung Galaxy S4 users with model number GT-I9500 can also upgrade their devices manually to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. We’ll use Odin Flash tool to update your device, the method is really easy. Just follow the simple instructions and you’ll be able to enjoy Android Lollipop in your device after that.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 only. Don’t try this on any other device, You can leave a comment down below if you need help related to your device .
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- You will need a PC or Laptop for this method.
- Download the Odin3 v3.09 Flash Tool zip file from Here
- Download official Android 5.0 Lollipop stock firmware zip file from Here or Here
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4
- For safe installation follow all the instructions given above.
- Download Odin3 zip file and stock firmware file in your PC or Laptop.
- Download the stock firmware zip file and extract it in your PC.
- Extract the Odin3 v3.09 zip file in folder on desktop.
- Now boot your device in Download Mode. Power off your phone then press and hold the Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button all the same time.
- Connect your device to PC using USB data cable.
- Run the Odin3 .exe file as Administrator from the folder where you extracted the Odin3 zip file.
- Once the device is connected the COM Port will turn blue in Odin flash tool.
- Make sure that Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked, Now add extracted firmware files in respective buttons as shown in the image below.
- Now click on Start button to start flashing process.
- When its finished, your smartphone will reboot.
Your device’s is successfully updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop. First boot can take few minutes so be patient.