No one would have ever thought that Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 will get the taste of Android Lollipop. But it’s absolutely true, the former flagship, the Galaxy Note has received an unofficial Lollipop port via Nightowl Custom ROM. The ROM is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build filled with extra customization features and performance tweaks to make the device more powerful. However, the ROM is still in beta stage so you might experience some minor bugs but it’s definitely ready for daily usage.
So, if you are interested in updating your Galaxy Note N7000 to Lollipop, you need to follow the procedure described below.
- The flashing process depends on the device’s battery. If the battery is not properly charged, then you might face some serious issues. So, it’s recommended to charge your battery up to 70%.
- Make sure you have enabled “USB Debugging” option on your Galaxy Note.
- Your device must be rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery installed for flashing this ROM.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your device on the current ROM.
How to Update Galaxy Note to Lollipop with Nightowl Custom ROM
Step 2: Connect your Galaxy Note N7000 to your PC via USB data cable.
Step 3: Copy both the downloaded files to your device memory.
Step 4: Disconnect your device and turn it off.
Step 5: Now, boot your device in to ‘Recovery mode”. For that, there is a special key combination.
- Press and hold “Volume Up key” + “Home button” + “Power button” together for a dew seconds.
Step 6: Once you get in to “Recovery mode”, you have to format the current system data. To do so:
- Wipe data by choosing the “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” options.
- Further, you have to perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Step 7: Return to the Recovery main menu and choose “install zip from SD card” and give a path to downloaded ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete.
Step 8: Similarly, follow the “Step 7″ to flash “Gapps“ file.
Step 9: Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose “Reboot Now“.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy Note N7000 has been successfully updated to the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. For any help, you can directly shoot a comment to us using the below comments section.