What are you waiting for? If you own Samsung Galaxy Nexus then just grab the Android 4.4 Kitkat ROM on it unofficially. If you are waiting for the official Android 4.4 Kitkat version then you have to for some more time because there are no signs or news from Google right now! Till then, you can install Android 4.4 Kitkat Slim-Kat Custom ROM On Galaxy Nexus easily. Indeed, this ROM is based on the official 4.4 kitkat version with some more extra features that gives an awesome experience on your device.
Today, in this article, we give you a link to download Slim-Kat Custom ROM as well the process to install it. Now, you have to just keep your keeps on the tutorial and make sure you follow all the steps carefully, otherwise you have brick the device. As well as, don’t forget to make a back-up of the current ROM to restore it later, if any problem persists. Let’s go now…
Check Important things:
- You Galaxy Nexus must be rooted and CWM recovery installed.
- Do enable the USB debugging on your device.
- Charge your Galaxy Nexus upto 85%.
ROM & Gapps Download:
Steps To Install Slim-Kat Custom ROM On Galaxy Nexus
1. Download the above files on your Computer and after that copy them in to your Galaxy Nexus internal memory.
2. Boot your Galaxy Nexus in to CWM/TWRP Recovery mode. To do so:
- Press and hold “Power + Volume Up + Down” together untill you see some text on the screen.
- From there, choose “Recovery” to enter into Recovery Mode.
Use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
3. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
4. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded Slim-Kat Custom ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete. Similarly, follow this step to flash Gapps.
5. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
6. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Voila! Now, you are on the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat version. Amazing, right? Just share your experience about it. Is it lagging or not?