Rooting has its own advantages and disadvantages. It provide you more control over your smartphone; you can flash Custom ROMs, there are some apps which need Root access, apply some tweaks and thing like that. But there are some disadvantages too, you’ll lose your device’s warranty after root, some apps or tweaks can brick your device. In our last article, we wrote about How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge without PC with the help of PingPong Root App. In this article, we’ll guide you how to unroot your device by restoring stock firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge using Odin Flash Tool. Flashing stock firmwares with Odin is very easy, just follow the steps given below carefully. Restoring stock firmware back into your device will unroot your device.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Don’t try this on any other device, You can leave a comment down below if you need help related to your device .
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- It will remove root access from your device.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
- You will need a PC or Laptop for this method.
- Download the latest Odin3 v3.10.6 Flash Tool zip file from Here
- Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I and SM-G920F
- Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G925I and SM-G925F
How To Flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- Follow all the instructions mentioned above for safe flashing. Download and install USB Drivers properly, make sure your device is fully charged, create backup of your important data, Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Download Odin3 v3.10.6 Flash Tool zip file and extract it on Desktop of your PC.
- Download Stock firmware files in your PC.
- Turn off the Galaxy S6 and boot it in download mode. To do that, power off your Android Phone and hold down the Volume down + Power Button and the Home button at same time. Your device will now boot in download mode. You’ll see a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now connect your device to PC using USB data cable.
- Open the extracted Odin3 folder and run the Odin3 .exe file as Administrator.
- Once the device is connected the COM Port will turn blue.
- Make sure that Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked, Click on AP button and choose the file you’ve unzipped earlier, the stock firmware.
- Now click on Start button to start flashing process.
- When its finished, your smartphone will reboot,the first boot after flash will take some time so be patient.
Congrats!! Your device’s is successfully unrooted now 🙂