If we want to install Custom ROMs on Samsung Galaxy Note 2, then first we have to root the device, but as we know that rooting voids phone manufacturer warranty. In order to get back the warranty, you must unroot Galaxy Note 2. This post is for those users, who wants to reclaim their mobile warranty by unrooting their device. Today, in this article I will show you the simplest way to unroot Note 2. If you are ready to unroot then follow the steps below carefully, also read Pre-requiste.
1. Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
3. Ensure you have backed up your important data.
4. The phone must be rooted. (Root Samsung Galaxy Note II on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with CF-Auto-Root)
5. Install USB drivers on your PC from here.
How to unroot your Galaxy Note 2 to Stock Official Firmware
Step 1: Download stock official firmware (according to the region) to unroot Galaxy S3 and extract it on desktop.
Step 2: Download Odin v1.85 and extract it on desktop.
Step 3: Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Volume Up key to enter download mode.
Step 4: Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow.
Step 5: Now, select the files as per below instruction to unroot Galaxy Note 2 to Stock Official Firmware. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “.tar.md5” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name.
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name.
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file.
Step 6: Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes.
Step 7: Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
Step 8: Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
That’s it, you have successfully unrooted Galaxy Note 2 running on Stock Official Firmware as well as you have recovered your phone warranty. If you face any problem then inform us via comments and we will help you to get rid off ASAP! Happy Recovering
All the tutorials and download links are collected from internet and various sources. We are not responsible for any damage in your device. Here we are putting our best to collect and publish accurate articles.So, Follow the tutorials at your own risk.