ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini is a mid-range smartphone manufactured by ZTE. The device is available in the mid-range price point, but comes with some high-end specifications like a 5-inch Full HD CGS screen with pixel density of 441ppi, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa core 64 bit Cortex A53 processor, with 2GB RAM and an Adreno 405 @ 550Mhz GPU. 16.0MP Sony IMX234 Exmor RS back camera with LED flash and 8 MP front facing camera with full HD video recording support is also included. Nubia UI 2.8 run on the top of latest Android 5.0 Lollipop. The device come with 16 GB internal storage and upto 128 GB of expandable storage support. It’s time to talk about the main topic now, rooting; which will give you full access to your smartphone, you can flash a Custom Recovery, install Custom ROMs and tweaks, install Apps which need root access and a lot more. The rooting method is very easy, just follow the simple steps written below and you’ll be able to gain root in your ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini.
WARNING: Rooting your ZTE smartphone will result in the lost of your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it, unless you unroot your device. Also, if you don’t follow the instructions carefully while rooting, then your device might get bricked and if that happens don’t hold us liable. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
- This method is only for ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini. Don’t try to root any other smartphone with this method. If you need help, write to us in the comment section below.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Enable USB Debugging in your ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini. Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (just tap on the box next to it, to enable this option). If you can’t see Developer options in your device, then follow this path to enable it: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times to enable it).
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this method.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini in your PC.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
How To Root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini
- Download and extract the Root package in a folder on desktop of your PC.
- Now, open that folder and double-click on the file named as “r-o-o-t.bat“.
- A command window will open in your PC. After that connect your device to PC using data cable.
- Enter the numbers “1” or “2” in command window and wait for the program to process your entry. Once you see the message “Waiting for devices” in the command window, switch off your smartphone, press the Volume – button and Power button until you see the Boot Menu. Once you see the Boot Menu in your device, press Reboot to begin the rooting process.
That’s it! Your ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini is successfully rooted now.