Last year, Sony Xperia Neo MT15i was launched with the interesting features to make Xperia series unique. And the device is recently updated to the Android 4.0.4 ICS official version. But as we know, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean has been already out for other devices. Seeing this, NEO users also want to update their device to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and for that they have to root their device. After rooting, they can install the various Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROMs.
Hence, today we brought the tutorial on how to root Xperia NEO with both locked and unlocked bootloader. To root Xperia Neo without any conflict, you first have to go through the whole post and then perform the actual process on your device. Don’t forget to read the Disclaimer and requirements.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your phone warranty. We have not developed this root Xperia Neo guide so if anything happens to your device then don’t blame us. Follow at your own risk 😀
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Enable USB debugging. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
3. Enable “Unknown Resources”. (Go to settings > Security > Mark “Unknown sources”)
4. Enable MSC mode. (Settings > Xperia > Connectivity > USB connection mode > Select MSC mode)
5. Back up your phone data.
6. Install Sony Xperia Neo USB drivers from here. Make sure you have installed “PC Companion”
7. Download file to root Xperia Neo
- ERoot Tool
Procedure to root :
1. Install drivers and download “Eroot Tool” on your computer.
2. Connect your device via USB cable with your Computer and wait for adb drivers to install and skip PC Companion pop-up.
3. Now, run the tool which you have downloaded earlier to root Xperia Neo. After opening, if tool tries to download anything then stop it, don’t download anything.
4. Make sure all the drivers are installed correctly and your device is detected by computer.
5. Now, on tool you will get an option “-root”. Just click on it and wait for the process to finish.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Neo easily. So, this guide covers all about How to root Xperia Neo easily. In case, if you face any difficulty in understanding or performing then feel free to contact with us via comments and we will try to solve your all the difficulties. Happy Rooting 😀 [Via]