Few days back, I had the written the post on “How to Root Xperia J for Locked Bootloader (Build no: 11.0.A.3.28)” and seen that many Jellybean users are facing problem in rooting their device. So, today I found another best method to root Xperia J running on Android 4.1.2 JellyBean. In earlier method, you don’t have to unlock bootloader but now you have to unlock bootloader of Xperia J.
To root Xperia J without any conflict, you first have to go through the whole post and then perform the actual process on your device. Don’t forget to read the Disclaimer and requirements.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your phone warranty. We have not developed this root Xperia J guide so if anything happens to your device then don’t blame us. Follow at your own risk 😀
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Enable USB debugging. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
3. Back up your phone data.
4. Install Sony Xperia J USB drivers from here.
5. Install latest Java and Android SDK in your PC.
6. Download files to root Xperia J
Steps to Root :
1. First download ICS kernel from above link on your computer.
2. Flash the kernel using flashtool. To do so visit the flashtool link.
3. After flashing, you’ll get CWM Recovery installed on your device.
4. Now, download the “SuperSu” file the above link and place into internal memory.
5. Boot your device in to CWM Recovery mode. To do so, “Power ON the device and when LED glows Press the VOLUME DOWN button”.
6. Now, flash the “SuperSU” zip though CWM Recovery.
7. After the flashing is successfully completed, don’t “Reboot or Switch ON the device”, just pull the battery.
8. Here, download the Jellybean Kernel from the above link on your computer and flash using flashtool.
9. After the all the process is completed, power on the device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia J easily. So, this guide covers all about How to root Xperia J easily. In case, if you face any difficulty in understanding or performing then feel free to contact with us via comments and we will try to solve your all the difficulties. Happy Rooting 😀 [Via]