Xolo Q900 is a low-end smartphone manufactured by Indian smartphone manufacturer Xolo. The device is very popular in low-range market because of its hardware specifications and cheap price. It comes with a 4.7-inch capacitive touchscreen powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-core MediaTek chipset and 1 GB RAM. There are few Custom ROMs and Tweaks available for Xolo Q900, if you want to try them first you have to root your device and install custom recovery on it. In the article, we’ll guide you how to root your Xolo Q900 using Framaroot app (The easiest rooting method available) and then how to flash custom recovery image in your Xolo Q900. After rooting and flashing custom rom you can install custom ROMs, Tweaks and various mods in your device. Many apps also need root access to provide better experience and features. You can make changes in your device’s system. You just need to follow this simple steps without skipping anything to gain root access and flash a custom recovery.
- This method is only for Xolo Q900.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Xolo Q900.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
How To Root Xolo Q900
- Follow all the instructions written above for safe rooting.
- Download Framaroot apk file in your PC or smartphone (Connect your device to PC using USB cable and transfer the Framaroot apk file in your Xolo Q900 if its downloaded in PC).
- Install the Framaroot apk file in your device (Make sure installation from Unknown Sources is enabled).
- Once installed, tap on the App icon to open it. Now, choose “Install SuperSU” as first option and click on “Barahir” under the list of exploits to begin the rooting process.
- Once the rooting process is done, you will get a message stating that the Superuser and su binary has been installed. It will also ask you to reboot your device.
- Reboot your device to finish the rooting procedure.
That’s it! Your Xolo Q900 is successfully rooted now. Now its time to flash Custom Recovery in your device.
How To Flash Custom Recovery On Xolo Q900
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download the Custom Recovery image file and transfer it into your Xolo Q900.
- Now, go to Google Play store and install “Mobileuncle MTK Tools” app. Once the app is installed, open up its screen.
- In Mobileuncle MTK Tools, click on Recovery update and choose the recovery.img in your SD card to begin the flashing process. Once the flashing process is over, reboot your device.
Congrats!! Your device is rooted now and Custom Recovery is installed 🙂