Xiaomi launched its latest smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 4i in Delhi on April 23 in the presence of founders Bin Lin and Lei Jun. The Mi 4i was a global launch based out of India. Considering Xiaomi managed to sell over a million smartphones within 6 months of its debut in India, it goes without saying that India is an important market for the Chinese smartphone maker. Xiaomi Mi 4i is successor of the Xiaomi Mi 4 with lots of similarity and only a few changes like Android 5.0 Lollipop, a larger battery, lighter body and so on. The device come with a 5-inch Full HD display with 441 ppi (Pixel Per Inch) density.You get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC Octa-core processor with Adreno 405 GPU and is paired with 2GB LPDDR3 RAM and 16 GB Internal storage with no external memory card support. Xiaomi Mi 4i has a 13MP rear camera and on the front-face it has the 5MP camera. But we are not here to talk about its features and hardware specifications, it’s about rooting this beast. Rooting a Xiaomi smartphone is not hard at all, it’s actually pretty simple. You just need to follow it carefully and step by step without skipping anything. Don’t forget to fully charge your device first, install USB Drivers, enable USB Debugging and create a backup of all your important data.
- This method is only for Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Download and Install USB Drivers in your PC for your device (Download Xiaomi Mi 4i Phone manager on your PC).
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Download Official Developer ROM for Xiaomi Mi 4i
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Follow all the steps written above carefully with skipping anything.
- Download the Developer ROM zip file in your PC.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 4i to PC using data cable and transfer the Developer ROM zip file in your device’s internal storage.
- Now disconnect your device from PC.
- Open Updater App on your phone and select “Reboot to Recovery mode”.
- In Recovery Mode, use Volume buttons (up, down) to navigate and the Power button to select the required options.
- Select English language to continue from the recover mode.
- Now select “Wipe and reset” and then ‘Wipe Cache”
- Choose “Install Zip system one” and select the Developer ROM zip file and install it.
- Once the flashing process is done, your phone will reboot.
- Then open “Security” app and then “Permissions” and enable “Root permission”.
That’s it!! Your Xiaomi Mi 4i is successfully rooted now. 😀