Finally Verizon rolled out Android 5.0.1 Lollipop (Software Version : VS98039A) for Verizon LG G2. The same firmware was leaked on the internet a few weeks ago. But this time its available via an OTA update so we don’t need to update it manually. If you’re already rooted, you don’t have to worry about losing root access since we can easily achieve root on the Lollipop update for the Verizon LG G2. Verizon announced the update which comes with lots of performance improvement that will enhance the user experience and performance. Lollipop provides brand new material design that delivers sophisticated animations and improved runtime (ART). LG G2 was very popular device in 2013-14 because of it’s performance and features. It’s very easy to root the latest update of Verizon LG G2 with the new root script tool, the method was actually created for the Korean version of the G2, but it could work well with other variants. In our last article we also used the same root tool to gain root access in the Verizon LG G3 updated to latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. The method is very easy to follow, you’ll just need a windows based PC or Laptop, a USB Cable, USB Drivers for Verizon LG G2 and of course a Verizon LG G2 in working condition and updated to latest Android 5.0.1. Lollipop.
- You’ll need a windows based PC or Laptop to follow this method.
- This method is tested on Verizon LG G2 updated to Android 5.0.1. Lollipop, don’t try on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Verizon LG G2.
- Download and Install latest USB Drivers for your device from here.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged before you proceed.
- Rooting your device will void your device’s warranty and you’ll not receive any further OTA updates.
- Create a backup of all your data for safety.
- Download the new root tool for Verizon LG G2 from Here (2015 LG One click)
How To Root Verizon LG G2 Updated To Android 5.0.1. Lollipop
- Follow all the instructions written above step by step, don’t skip any step for safe rooting.
- Download the new root tool (2015 LG One click) in your windows based PC or Laptop.
- Connect your device to PC using micro USB cable (Make sure USB Drivers are successfully installed in your windows based PC or Laptop and USB Debugging is enabled in your Verizon LG G2).
- Extract the downloaded new root tool in a folder at desktop of your PC.
- Open the folder and run double-click the bat file (script version), or install it and run it (GUI version).
- Now let the root tool script handle all the process.
- Once done, your Verizon LG G2 running Lollipop should be rooted now.
That’s it!! Congrats your Verizon LG G2 updated to latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is successfully rooted now.