We are dedicated to bringing you the most up to date ROMs and root guides from all over the internet. However that doesn’t mean we neglect the root noobs, the people who have first started with rooting. For many the myriads of options and lines of codes can appear to be very daunting. However we are here to help you out and this article is specifically made just for you guys. That doesn’t mean the veterans can’t use this! If you have a Moto G 2014 and you need your bootloader settings tweaked or a custom recovery flashed or want to be rooted, this tool is ideal for you. Let’s see how it works right after this break.
This tool includes the following features for your flashing pleasure
- Universal Moto G 2014 Support. Doesn’t matter what the model number is, we support them all!
- Unlock / Relock the bootloader.
- TWRP and PHILZ TOUCH Recovery. Two Custom Recoveries to choose from; take your pick!
- Automatic Root Script.
- Remove/Restore Unlocked Bootloader Warning.
- A PC. The OS doesn’t matter as we support all sort of OS’s from Linux Mint to OS X.
- USB cable
- The phone must be charged to over 80% as the phone doesn’t charge in fastboot mode.
- Download the Moto G 2014 Toolkit by clicking here
- Drivers for the Windows version can be downloaded from here.
- Drivers for the Mac OS X version can be downloaded from here.
Note: Drivers for Linux users are included in the package.
You have to boot your phone into the download mode. To do reboot your phone into bootloader mode, hold the Volume Down and Power Button.
Install the Moto G toolkit and fire it up.
Linux and Mac OS X:
./bootloader.sh unlock/relock ./root.sh ./twrp.sh boot/flash ./philz.sh boot/flash ./logo.sh nowarning/warning
bootloader.bat unlock/relock root.bat twrp.bat boot/flash philz.bat boot/flash logo.bat nowarning/warning
And that’s it. It’s as simple as typing in the command for what you want to do and the toolkit will execute it for you!
1) I cannot relock the bootloader with this tool. Help
Ans: You need to flash the stock image . Guide is inside the tool. You will have to download the stock images and they couldn’t be included because of obvious size constraints.
For the Indian users who are waiting for their updates on the Moto g 2014 this might help you out.
If you have any further questions or queries, don’t hesitate to drop us a line below; we’ll be sure to check it out.