The G Pro was LG’s first attempt at a phablet sized device. They wanted it to compete with the Note line up from Samsung! And compete it did, from excellent to hardware to less than excellent and bloated features, the G Pro went toe to toe with Sammy. However one area where it fell short was support from the developer community. However we do have a way of root and custom recovery for the G Pro and we are here to help you to implement it on your device.
- Your G Pro must be charged over 80% for this procedure to complete without any hiccups.
- You will also need the original micro USB cable that came with the phone or any good quality micro USB cable.
- You will need a Windows PC and a zip extractor like Winzip.
- Common sense and the ability to follow instructions!
- Download the drivers from LG’s official website. You can find them from here.
- Download the FreeGee app from this link.
- Download the root files from this link.
Go to LG’s official site and download the drivers, let it install all the way before going to the next step.
On your PC, fire up your unzipping programme of choice.
Un-Zip the Root file to a known location
Make sure in Developer Options you have enabled USB Debugging from Settings> Developer Options.
Make sure your phone is in Charge Only mode
Plug your phone into your computer and give it about 3 minutes This is to ensure the next step so that your computer can recognise your device
Open the file and run the CurrentRoot.bat
When it prompts you to go to MTP mode, do so in the same place Charge Only was found. LET IT SIT, 3 MINUTES MINIMUM!!!!! This will insure that your computer has seen your phone as a MTP device, if you rush it, the root will fail!
Now hit any key to continue
Once it is completed and your phone reboots, safely remove hardware to remove your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your phone.
Now for the next step, to install a custom recovery.
Install the Free Gee app on your phone
Click on the unlock button and BADA BOOM BADA BING…you have your custom recovery installed.
Congratulations you have successfully rooted and installed a custom recovery on your LG G Pro!! Leave the comments questions and queries down below and we’ll be happy to look into them for you.
If you are looking for a lollipop rom on the LG G Pro you might want to check this out.