The new Galaxy S5 has released and what better treat you can get, than root access.
This root method will void your warranty. The developer and I are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes of your device. This method is for PC. Furthermore this method works for many models of the S5.
Compatible Models- SM-G900T T-Mobile S5
SM-G900P Sprint S5
SM-G900R4 US Cellular S5
SM-G900T1 Metro PCS S5
SM-G900W8 Canadian S5
SM-G900F International/European/Asian S5
SM-G900M Middle East/South America S5
SM-G900H International Exynos S5
For the Verizon and AT&T versions there will be a separate article. Okay so let’s get started.
1. Install Samsung Drivers
2. Download Odin
3. Download Philz Touch Cwm Recovery
4. Download SuperSu
1. On your device, Go into Settings > About Device > and tap build number until developer options are enabled.
2. Once Developer Options are enabled, turn on USB Debugging.
3. Now connect your phone to your computer.
4. Copy the SuperSu zip onto your phone.
5. Disconnect the device from the computer.
6. Now Power off the device.
7. Hold Power + Volume Down + Home together and a warning screen should pop up.
8. Click Volume Up to continue.
9. Now on your computer extract the Odin zip and the philz recovery zip.
10. Run Odin.
12. Now connect your phone to your computer and Odin should recognize it. If Odin recognizes it the ID:COM box will be highlighted.
13. Click PDA and select the philz recovery md5 file.
14. Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are the only things checked inside the options box.
15. Now click start. Odin will install philz recovery and then reboot your phone.
16. Once your phone has fully booted up, turn it off.
17. Hold Power + Volume Up + Home together to access your new recovery.
18. When the recovery has started click install zip.
19. Then click choose zip from /sdcard and find where you put the super su zip file.
20. Install the zip and then reboot the device.
When the device has turned check the app drawer to see if the SuperSu app has been installed. Go to the Play Store and download Root Checker and check if root works. That’s all your S5 is rooted :D.