Recently, Sony Xperia ZL received the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update having build no.: 10.3.A.0.423. So, I hope you have updated your device and enjoying the interesting features. And we know that after updating root access is lost, so in order to get root access again we have to root Sony Xperia ZL. This method works for both locked as well as unlock bootloader.
Today, in this post we will guide you on “How to root Sony Xperia ZL running on Android 4.2.2 JellyBean“. To root device without any conflict, you first have to go through the whole post and then perform the actual process on your device. Don’t forget to read the Disclaimer and requirements.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your phone warranty. We have not developed this root Sony Xperia ZL guide so if anything happens to your device then don’t blame us. Follow at your own risk 😀
Requirements to root :
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging.
For Android 4.2.2 version:
- All Apps > Settings > About Phone > Navigate to Build number > Tap “Build number” 7 times and you’ll get pop-up as “You are now a developer”.
- All Apps > Settings > System > Developer Options and Android Debugging – check box
3. Backup your phone data.
4. Install Sony Xperia ZL USB drivers from here.
5. Download files to root Sony Xperia ZL
Steps to Root :
1. Install drivers and extract Rooting Package on the desktop.
2. Connect your device via USB cable on your Computer in charging mode.
3. Make sure all the drivers are installed correctly and your device is detected by computer.
4. Now, go open the “RunMe.bat” from the extracted folder and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
5. Wait for the few minutes to complete process.
6. When all the process is completed, reboot your device
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia ZL easily. So, this guide covers all about How to root Sony Xperia ZL easily. In case, if you face any difficulty in understanding or performing then feel free to contact with us via comments and we will try to solve your all the difficulties. Happy Rooting 😀 [Via]