is trying really hard to gain its lost position in the smartphone market again. Sony Xperia Z3 is a top-notch Android smartphone from Sony. The device came to Verizon with the name Xperia Z3v. But there are no real difference between the Xperia Z3 and Z3v actually. Same processor, storage, RAM, PlayStation 4 game-streaming abilities, 5.2-inch 1080p screen, waterproof housing and almost the same camera. But the original Z3 look far more better than the Z3v. The device come with beautiful 5.2-inch full HD Triluminos display and up to 10 fingers multitouch support. For high-end performance a 2.5 GHz Quad-core processor running with the help of Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset and Adreno 330 are fitted into its sleek body. In this article, we will guide you about how to root Xperia Z3v, But keep in mind that the bootloader of the device will remain locked. It means that you cannot install any Custom ROM on your device, anyways until now there are no custom ROMs available for this Verizon exclusive smartphone. Rooting a smartphone with a locked bootloader is very hard till someone discovers vulnerabilities that could be exploited to gain superuser privileges, as zxz0O0 did.
- This method is only for Sony Xperia Z3v running on stock shipped ROM, 23.0.E.0.376.
- You’ll need a PC or Laptop for this method.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Sony Xperia Z3v in PC.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Grab the Java Development Kit from here and install it (To prevent issues, you may want to uninstall Java existing on your computer to do a fresh install of this).
How To Root Sony Xperia Z3v
- Follow all instructions given above without skipping any step.
- Download Root zip file in your PC and extract it in a folder at your desktop.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Data cable (Make sure USB drivers are installed properly and USB Debugging is enabled in your device).
- Open the folder where you extracted files from Root zip file and Run the exploit.bat file and follow the onscreen instructions as stated carefully.
- Once the process is done and the script stops, your smartphone will reboot.
That’s it, your Sony Xperia Z3v is successfully rooted now. Also keep in mind its rooted with locked bootloader, so you cannot install any Custom ROM in your device.