Mostly if you want to root your Android smartphone, you have to unlock its bootloader first. Only few methods are available for some smartphones with which we can root them without unlocking the bootloader of a smartphone. The Sony Xperia Z3 is currently one of the most popular smartphone in market and creating lot of buzz. The device is part of Sony’s popular Z series smartphones. The Xperia Z3 is a expensive high-end smartphone packed with really good hardware and features like a 5.2-inch Full HD display, a 2.5 GHz processor Snapdragon 801 chipset , Adreno 330 GPU with 3 GB RAM. A 20.7 MP rear camera capable to record 4K videos and a 2.2 MP front facing camera. You’ll can get this in nearly every smartphone which is as expensive as the Xperia Z3. So why does the Xperia Z3 attract more attention? Well because the device is dust proof and water resistant over 1 meter and 30 minutes, and only few smartphones come with features like this and that’s what makes people prefer the Xperia Z3 to other smartphones. Enough of the features, now lets talk about the rooting process. As i said earlier you don’t need to unlock your device’s bootloader, that’s a relief right? 😀 All credit goes to the XDA forum member zxz0O0, who released the new giefroot rooting tool for Sony Xperia Z3. So that we can root Xperia Z3 with locked bootloader. You just have to download the tool in your PC, follow some pre requisites and then follow the onscreen instructions given by the tool and that’s it you’ll be able to gain root access in your device.
- This method is only for Sony Xperia Z3, Don’t try this on any other smartphone.
- You don’t need to unlock bootloader of your device.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Flight mode is also recommended in case of incoming calls
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Sony Xperia Z3 and also install ADB Drivers in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device and also allow mock locations in Developer Settings.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Root tool compressed file
How To Root Sony Xperia Z3
- Follow the “Pre Requisites” instructions step by step without skipping anything for safe rooting.
- Download the root tool zip file in your PC and extract it in a folder.
- Now connect your device to PC using data cable (Make sure you device is in Flight Mode, USB Drivers are installed, USB Debugging is enabled and also Mock Locations).
- Now run the install.bat file in your PC and follow the simple onscreen instructions.
- Congratulations! You should now be rooted. If you get an error “Device not rooted”, try running the tool a second time. 🙂