Sony Xperia Z3 compact is part of Z series manufactured by Sony. The Z3 Compact is a scaled-down version of the Sony Xperia Z3 and was unveiled during a press conference in IFA 2014 on 4 September 2014. The Xperia Z3 compact is packed with a 4.6-inch BRAVIA IPS Triluminos display with a resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels (HD) with a pixel density of 319 ppi. It comes with a 20.7 MP rear camera, the same as the Xperia Z3 and a 2.2 MP front facing camera. The device is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5 GHz with Andreno 330 GPU, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. Now its time to talk about the main topic here, rooting this bad boy. Mostly, if you want to root an Android device, first you’ll have to unlock its bootloader. We found a method to root Sony Xperia Z3 compact without unlocking the bootloader. All credit goes to zxz0O0 (XDA Forum Member) for developing giefroot rooting tool with which we can root Sony Xperia Z3 Compact with unlocking its bootloader. The method is also not hard at all, just a few simple steps and you’ll gain root access in your device. Just follow the steps written below without skipping any step and you will be able to root your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
- This method is only for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact with locked bootloader, Don’t try this on any other smartphone. If you need help related to your smartphone, comment below.
- This method is for device with locked bootloader, So you don’t need to unlock bootloader of your device.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop to run giefroot rooting tool.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Flight mode is also recommended in case of incoming calls
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and also install ADB Drivers in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device and also allow mock locations in Developer Settings.
- Create a backup of all your important data (Rooting doesn’t erase any data, but still we recommend you to create a backup).
- Download Root tool
How To Root Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Follow the “Pre Requisites” instructions step by step without skipping anything for safe rooting.
- Download the root tool zip file in your PC and extract it in a folder on your desktop.
- Now connect your device to PC using USB data cable (Make sure you device is in Flight Mode, USB Drivers are installed, USB Debugging is enabled and also Allow Mock Locations).
- Now run the install.bat file in your PC and follow the simple onscreen instructions.
That’s it! Your device is successfully rooted now without unlocking its bootloader. If you get an error “Device not rooted”, try running the tool a second time.