The Sony Xperia Z1 is the latest 2013 flagship of Sony, and is also the successor to the Sony Xperia Z which was launched last year. Being a high-end flagship device, the Sony Xperia Z1 comes with some incredible hardware specifications. These include a Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a 20 MP camera.
If you bought down this latest Sony beast and if you would like to customize your Android experience, then the best way to do so is by rooting your Sony Xperia Z1 and then installing some custom ROM of your choice. If you’re interested in rooting your Sony Xperia Z1 Android Smartphone, then today we’re here with a well-detailed and easy-to-follow tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia Z1.
Below are some warning statements that you should know before you root Sony Xperia Z1:
- You’ll void all the warranty over your Sony Xperia Z1 after rooting it.
- You’ll no longer receive any official software or firmware updates, once you root and install a custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z1.
- We are not responsible in case you brick or damage your Smartphone, during or after the rooting process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone. By going through Settings>Apps>Development> and then ticking the USB Debugging checkbox.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow before attempting to root Sony Xperia Z1:
- Make sure that your Smartphone has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that you have installed USB Drivers for Sony Xperia Z1 on your PC.
- Download the Root kit from here.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z1:
Below is how you can root Sony Xperia Z1 easily:
- Install the root kit that you downloaded earlier, and run the installed software. [Note: The software will be in Chinese language].
- Now connect your Sony Xperia Z1 to your computer and hold on till the software detects and registers your Smartphone.
- Once the software detects your Smartphone and registers the model number, simply click the Green button to start the rooting process.
- The rooting process will now begin. Please be patient and leave your Smartphone connected until the rooting process completes.
- Now your Sony Xperia Z1 will reboot. And the rooting process has been completed successfully.
- Please download the “Root Checker” app from the Google Play store to confirm the root installation.
Finally, that was a very easy tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia Z1. I hope you found this tutorial helpful. In case of any doubts or queries, please leave a comment below.