The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is one among the powerful Android Smartphones that was released in late 2013. Rooting Android Smartphones have become really common these days and custom ROM’s for various Smartphones releases as soon as these Smartphones gets announced.
Similarly, there are many ways to root Sony Xperia Z Ultra, and today we will be guiding you through an easy and well-detailed tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia Z Ultra Android Smartphone.
Rooting and Installing custom ROM’s onto an Android Smartphone is somewhat a complex process. Hence, before proceeding with the rooting tutorial, below are some warning statements that you should read:
- Rooting and Installing a custom ROM on your Android Smartphone is an unauthorized process. Hence, after you root and install a custom ROM on your Android Smartphone, you’ll no longer receive any official firmware or software updates.
- Once you root your Android device, you’ll automatically void any official warranty or guarantee offers that you got while purchasing your device.
- We are not responsible if you hard-brick or damage your Smartphone in-between or after the rooting process. Therefore, you should only proceed at your own risk.
- Please do only download rooting kits from the links that we mention in this article, while following our rooting tutorial. This helps in avoiding any errors from occurring in between the rooting process.
- Unlocking the bootloader on your Sony Xperia Z Ultra will wipe off all the stored data’s on your Smartphone.
- You should only perform this rooting guide on a Sony Xperia Z Ultra [int’ll variant].
Below are some of the prerequisite procedures that you need to follow, before proceeding to root Sony Xperia Z Ultra:
- Check out that your Sony Xperia Z Ultra has at least 80% of remaining battery backup.
- Download and install USB Drivers for Sony Xperia Z Ultra on your computer depending on your computer’s respective OS.
- Check out and enable USB Debugging on your Sony Xperia Z Ultra by following through: Setting>Apps>Development> and then ticking the USB Debugging check-box.
- Unlock the boot loader of your Sony Xperia Z Ultra by following the guide from here.
- Make sure that you install either CWM or TWRP recovery on your Sony Xperia Z Ultra before proceeding to root it.
- Download the root kit from here.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z Ultra:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia Z Ultra Android Smartphone:
- First of all, connect your Sony Xperia Z Ultra to your computer.
- And now, copy/paste the downloaded root kit to the external storage card of your Smartphone.
- And now, disconnect your Smartphone from the computer.
- Switch off your Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
- And now, boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power keys at the same time.
- Now do a data/factory reset and wipe off the cache partition from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the home menu of the recovery mode.
- From the home screen, navigate down to the “Install Zip From SD Card” option and click on it.
- And now, navigate to the root kit that you copy/pasted to your external storage card earlier and select it using the Power key.
- Confirm your selection using the Volume and Power keys.
- Now the root kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Once again, return back to the main home menu of recovery mode and click on the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot.
As its the first boot after installing the custom ROM, it might take some while longer than usual. So please stay calm and allow your Smartphone to reboot peacefully. And now, you have successfully rooted Sony Xperia Z Ultra.