As we know after the success of Samsung Galaxy S3, a similar small power packed device was released by Samsung itself named Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. We can say that Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is the child Galaxy S3 and it possesses almost all the features, which are incurred in the parent. So, to enhance the power of smaller device, developers develop the method to root it. If you are willing to expand the capability of your device then root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini from below mentioned steps.
This article provides the method to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, strictly don’t try to follow on any other device. First read the whole article carefully, then only perform the actual process.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your phone warranty. We are not responsible if any damage happens to your device while performing the procedure. So, follow at your own risk 😉
Things to remember to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
- Charge your device upto 70-80 % of total battery level.
- Make sure you have taken back-up of your important data.
- USB Debugging must be set “ON”. (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
- Install Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini drivers from here.
Download Files to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
1. Download all the necessary files from the above link on your Computer to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
2. Install all the drivers on your Computer.
3. Extract “ODin” file on your desktop.
4. Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding “Volume down + Power Key (long Press)”, till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the “Volume Up key” to enter download mode.
5. Connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin glows Green or Yellow in color and you’ll also see “Added” message in “Odin Message Box”.
6. Click on “PDA” button and select the file “.tar.md5“, which you have downloaded.
7. Make sure that only “F. Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot” boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes.
8. Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation to finish.
9. Finally, you will get “PASS!” notification on the ID:COM box and then your device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Now you have gained the root access on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. In case, if you have faced any trouble after/while performing above process then connect with us via below comments section and also don’t forget to leave your feedback that it works for you or not? [Via]