Android Smartphones beyond 5 inch screen size were considered to big to handle. However, nowadays Smartphones has already crossed that 5 inch mark and nowadays, you can also see Smartphone screen size beyond 5.5 inches up to 6.3 inches. One such Smartphone monster is the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8. As its name suggests, the Samsung Galaxy Mega comes with a massive 5.8 inch touchscreen.
If you’re looking out to buy the Samsung Galaxy Mega, below are some of the hardware specifications of the Smartphone:
- 5.8 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with a screen resolution of 540×960 px [190 PPI].
- 1.4 GHz Dual Core processor.
- 1.5 GB RAM.
- 8 GB internal storage. Micro SD card support up to 64 GB.
- 8 MP rear facing camera with auto-focus and LED flash.
- 1.9 MP front facing camera.
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS.
- 2600 mAh battery.
Now if you’re seeking to root Samsung Galaxy Mega, today we’re here with a simple and detailed tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy Mega.
Below are some warning information that you should know before proceeding to root Samsung Galaxy Mega:
- Rooting your Android Smartphone is an unauthorized process. Hence, you’ll lose all your warranty benefits over your Samsung Galaxy Mega after rooting it.
- You’ll no longer be eligible to receive any official firmware or software updates, once you root Samsung Galaxy Mega.
- We are not responsible, even if you brick or damage your Smartphone after or in between the rooting process. Hence, proceed at your own risk.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow before you attempt to root Samsung Galaxy Mega:
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Mega has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 on your PC.
- Download CWM Recovery kit from here.
- Download ODIN Flash tool from here.
- Download SuperUser kit from here.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8:
Now, below is the detailed tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8:
- Power Off your Smartphone.
- Now boot into download mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- Now connect your Smartphone to the computer.
- Extract and run the ODIN Flash tool.
- Wait for the ODIN Flash tool to detect your Smartphone.
- Extract the CWM Recovery kit that you downloaded earlier.
- Click on the “PDA” button and select the recovery.tar file from the extracted CWM Recovery kit.
- Click on the Start button and wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Once CWM Recovery is flashed on your Smartphone, it will reboot.
- Now, copy/paste the SuperUser kit to the storage of your Smartphone.
- Now, again power off your device and then boot into download mode by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- Now, from the recovery mode, do a Data/Factory reset and wipe the cache partition.
- Now, from the recovery mode, click on “Install ZIP From SD Card”.
- And then, choose the Superuser kit that you copy/pasted to the SD card of your device earlier.
- And now, the SuperUser will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Mega.
- Now, reboot your Smartphone.
And you’re done. You have successfully completed the process to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8.