Samsung is well known both for their high end and low end Android Smartphones as well. The Samsung Galaxy Fame is yet another Android Smartphone released by Samsung in the entry level budget category. Being a low end Android Smartphone, the hardware specifications of the Smartphone are mediocre as expected.
And for those who feel the performance of their Samsung Galaxy Fame as less satisfying, you can try rooting your device and then installing a memory efficient custom ROM on your Smartphone. If you’re looking out for a tutorial that guides you through the processes to root your Samsung Galaxy Fame, we’re here with a detailed tutorial that would teach you how to root your Samsung Galaxy Fame.
Hardware Specifications Of the Samsung Galaxy Fame:
If you’re in search for the hardware specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Fame, then below are some of the important hardware specifications of your Samsung Galaxy Fame:
- 1 GHz single core processor.
- 512 MB of RAM.
- 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen with a screen resolution of 320×480 and a PPI of 165.
- 4 GB internal storage and MicroSD card storage expansion support upto 64 GB.
- 5 MP autofocus rear facing camera with LED flash and VGA front facing camera.
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- 1300 mAh battery.
Here are some warning statements that you must read before you proceed to root your Samsung Galaxy Fame:
- Rooting of Android Smartphones is an unauthorized process and hence you’ll lose all warranty benefits over your Samsung Galaxy Fame after rooting it.
- We are not responsible if you damage your Samsung Galaxy Fame during or after completing the rooting process. Hence, proceed at your own risk.
- You may not get any official firmware updates after rooting your Smartphone.
Below are a few prerequisite procedures to complete prior to rooting your Samsung Galaxy Fame:
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Fame has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Fame on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Fame by going through Settings>Developer Settings>USB Debugging> and then ticking the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Download the root kit from here.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Fame:
Now that you’ve gone through the above sections, below is how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Fame easily:
- Extract the downloaded root kit on your PC.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy Fame to the PC. If you installed the USB Drivers properly, the PC will then recognize your device.
- From the extracted root kit folder, run the “RunMe.bat” file.
- Approve the ADB connection and start following the on screen instructions to begin the rooting process for your Samsung Galaxy Fame.
- Once the rooting process begins, wait peacefully for it to complete.
Once the rooting processes are complete, manually reboot your Smartphone. Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Fame. In case of any queries, please leave them as comments below.