The phone with small supply but a lot of demand now has rooting method. If you are one of the few that have this phone continue to read to learn how you can achieve root access on the One Plus One.
Note: This rooting method requires your bootoloader to be unlocked so make sure you backup any important files on your phone because all will be lost. Furthermore I am not responsible for any unwanted damage to your phone, however if you follow the instructions carefully you should be fine 😀 .
Prerequisites: Before proceeding to the instruction you must install Android SDK. For help on that go here. To get drivers open up the SDK Manager and check the latest version of Android and install the packages.
1. Power off your device
2. Hold down Volume Up and Power until the CyanogenMod logo comes on. You are now in fastboot mode.
3. Now connect your phone to your computer. Enter Device Manager and go to Other Device and expand it. Right click on Android and select Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from list of drivers on my computer > Have Disk and click Browse. Now navigate to your android-sdk folder. Click extras > google > usb_drivers and select the .inf file. Now click OK. Now in the box click Android Composite ADB Interface then click next. Now close down device manager.
4. Now open up cmd and type in the command “fastboot oem unlock” and click enter. Your phone should reboot and be totally wiped. Just go through the settings and when you’re finished and go to Settings > About Phone and tap the build number until Developer Options are enabled.
5. Now go back to Settings and new option should be available called Developer Options. Now make sure the Update CM recovery is not checked.
6. Now copy the SuperSu file from your computer to your phone. Disconnect your phone from your computer.
7. Now put your phone into fastboot mode like we did earlier. And connect it to your computer.
8. On your computer drag the recovery img file to your desktop. On your desktop click shift + left click. From the popup select open command window here. Now type in the command “fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-bacon.img” and click enter.
9. When it’s finished doing its thing you can now unplug your usb cable. Now hold Power + Volume Down to enter recovery
10. Now TWRP should’ve booted up. Click install and navigate to the SuperSU file and install the file. Now Reboot.
11. Make sure the SuperSU app is installed.
You are fully rooted :).