The Micromax Unite 2 is one of the best selling sub 10k phone in the Indian market. It has been providing stiff competition to the likes of Moto E. So today we will look into how to root the Unite 2 and what more we can extract out of the powerful hardware inside the Unite 2.
But first let us take a quick rundown of what the Micromax Unite 2 has to offer in terms of raw hardware.
- Display: 4.7 inch IPS LCD display with 480*800 pixels
- Processor: MT6582M quad core Mediatek chipset clocked at 1.3 Ghz
- RAM and Internal Storage: 1GB RAM and 4 GB ROm with almost 1GB for installing apps
- SD Card: Yes
- Primary Camera: 5mp autofocus rear cam with 720p recording and flash
- Front Camera: yes, 2mp
- Battery: 2000 mAh
Now a few warning words before we begin, this website nor I are responsible for any harm that may come to you device, or for that matter to you by following this tutorial. however i have tested this on many devices and can guarantee that if you follow all instructions and possess a working brain you’ll not run into any difficulty.
Here are all steps to Root Micromax Unite 2 and install Recovery
Step 1: Root Micromax Unite 2
First you need to download the Framaroot apk.
Remember to go into Settings>Security>and check Unknown Sources.
Now install the apk and open it.
Next click on “Boromir”
Success message is flashed.
Congratulations!!! You have successfully rooted your Micromax Unite 2.
To know what all you can do after you have rooted your phone click here for some awesome apps that run with root .
Step 2: Install a Custom Recovery
So, you have rooted your phone. Downloaded some root apps. Now you’re feeling more adventurous. Maybe, you want to flash a custom ROM?
Well the first step towards a custom ROM is having a custom recovery.
This is a bit trickier so stay with me, you’ll need a PC running windows and an USB cable for this.
- Download and install the Micromax drivers. Click here or here to download drivers.
- Download CTR Recovery from here: Click this to download
- Now, we have to download SP flash tools. Download it from here or click here.
- Next up, you’ll have to download the scatter file for your processor. Download it from here.
Now that all downloads are done we can begin flashing.
- Open the SP flash tools
- Load the scatter file .
- Click on Recovery
- Select the downloaded CTR 2.2 recovery
- Click Download in SP flash tools
- Remove the battery from phone and connect it to pc.
- A green circle/download ok will confirm flashing.
- Insert battery, then press volume up+down+power on, again press volume up to select recovery.
And BOOM!!! Now you have a custom recovery too.
How to move in CTR Recovery :
Swipe right to go forward
Swipe back to go backward
Save: Volume buttons.
If anyone wants to use TWRP recovery instead of CTR they can download it from here.