Micromax Ninja A91 is a budget phone that runs on the Mediatek chip and sports a 4.5 inch screen.
In this post I will covering the steps that you should take to root the device and install custom TWRP recovery.
- Ensure that your handset is 70 to 80% charged. The battery shouldn’t die down during rooting and custom recovery.
- Take a complete backup of personal and other important data from your handset before going through with the rooting and custom recovery process.
- Enable installation of applications from unknown sources by going to Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging
- Disable all anti-virus applications from your Smartphone as they could interrupt with the rooting and custom recovery
How to root Micromax A91 without using a computer?
- Install Framaroot APK to your Micromax A91. Once installed click on .apk file to install the app on to your smartphone. If you get warning messages simply ignore them.
- After the app gets installed, open it by clicking on the Framaroot icon.
- Select “Install Superuser” as the first option.
- Test it by clicking on any of the exploits and see if it works.
- Keep clicking on other exploits until one of them works and the rooting process initiates.
- If the rooting process gets completed successfully you will get a message that says—“Success SuperUser and SU Binary Installed Successfully”
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Micromax Ninja A91?
- Download TWRP Recovery for Micromax Ninja A91 and extract it and save the .img file on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the original USB cable that was provided when you purchased the device.
- Disconnect the smartphone and download and install MobileUncle MTK tools from the playstore
- After the installation, open the app and grant Superuser permissions.
- Click on “Recovery Update”.
- Select the TWRP recovery image that was transferred earlier in the process from your SD card.
- A pop-up will ask you whether to do flash recovery.
- Tap “Ok” to begin the flashing process.
- Once done reboot the device
Let me know if you have any questions via the comments section.