Just of recent Google had released 4.4.4 KitKat and the have gotten to work to put together an updated root method for your Nexus 4.
Note : We’re not responsible if you brick your phone so follow the procedure carefully and don’t forget to take the backup of your data. Furthermore this tutorial will void your device’s warranty and is for Windows.
1. Download the Drivers and extract the folder.
2. Plug in your nexus 4 and make sure Developer Options are enabled. To enable Develepor Options, Go into Settings > About Device > and click the model number until Developer Options are enabled. Go back into settings and g0 into Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. Now open the control panel.
3. After that go into hardware and sound and devices. Under the devices and printer tab click Device Manager.
4. Inside the Device Manager you will see either Nexus 4 or something that indicates your Android Device. Right click your device and select update driver software.
5. Next click Browse my computer for driver software. Next click Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer.
6. Highlight show all devices and click next.
7. At the bottom click Have Disk then browse to the extracted Drivers folder. Inside the folder select the android_winusb.inf file. Then continue.
8. In the Model List select Android ADB Interface. Click Next and install the driver
Procedure to Root Your LG Nexus 4
1. After you have installed drivers you should start up the Nexus Root ToolKit program.
2. Set up the program according to your devices credentials. This includes selecting the right device (nexus 4) and the latest version (4.4.4 at the time).
3. Once you have set that up click unlock and follow the script’s instructions. This will unlock your device allowing it to use custom recoveries and have root. It will also reset your device so make sure to enable USB Debugging once again.
4. After your device has been unlocked in the Nexus Root ToolKit go into the options and click the custom recovery tab. From there you can choose which custom recovery you want from the list. You can even use one that isn’t listed using the browse button. Click Apply When finished.
5. Now under the Root button make sure that custom recovery is checked so that your recovery of choice is selected. Now click Root and follow the script’s instructions.
At any point in time if your device isn’t booting or you may have soft bricked it, you can use the program to unroot or unbrick it. Just plug your phone in and under the flash stock and unroot button click which state your phone is in then click the button and continue.
This method works for any future updates to the Nexus 4. If a new update comes out all you have to do is change your device credentials in the model type section. Next you must flash it’s stock image through the flash stock button. Then root using the button. There is no need to unlock the device again.
If you have a warranty on the device, getting it back is very easy. To return your warranty, flash stock and lock the device.
For any question please comment.