HTC – a well-known Taiwanese mobile manufacturer has lined up many Android devices under “HTC One series” and almost all the devices are upgradable to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. As we all know, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is the latest version of Android running in many phones and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is about to launch. And HTC has just started releasing updates for high-end Smartphones only. So, in order to use Jelly Bean on mid-range Smartphones, we have to root the device. We are here to provide you the method to root HTC One X.
Today, in this post we will guide you on “How to root HTC One X easily”. For rooting without any confliction, you first have to go through the whole post and then perform the actual process on your device. Don’t forget to read the Disclaimer and requirements.
Disclaimer: Obviously, rooting voids your device warranty. And we don’t take any responsibility, if anything happens to your device while performing below rooting process. So, follow at your own risk 😉
Prerequisite to root :
1. Charge you batter upto 70-80 % level.
2. Downlaod HTC One X drivers.
3. Back-up your phone data.
4. Enable USB debugging.
- Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
5. Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
6. Download files to root HTC One X.
Method to root :
1. Download the above file on your computer.
2. Transfer the downloaded file to your phone via USB cable.
2. Switch off your device completely.
3. Press and hold “Volume Down + Power Button” together and from there select “Recovery“ to boot your device into Recovery mode.
4. Now, you will see different options in the recovery. From there, choose > “install zip from SD card” > give a path to “Super Su.zip” file and choose “YES” to flash.
5. The process will take only a few seconds.
6. After the process is completed successfully, Superuser app will be installed on your HTC One X.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your HTC One X easily. So, this guide covers all about How to root HTC One X easily. In case, if you face any difficulty in understanding or performing then feel free to contact with us via comments and we will try to solve your all the difficulties. Happy Rooting 😀
If you stuck on HTC Quietly Brilliant Screen then follow this XDA Thread Link for the solution.