Currently, HTC EVO 4G becomes the craziest phone among Android users. Though, it’s running on an outdated version of Android, i.e., Android 2.3 Gingerbread. And this makes me to write about the rooting process of HTC EVO 4G. Obviously, as it runs on low GB, users will definitely want to root their device to make it powerful. So, today in this post I will show you the easiest way to root HTC EVO 4G running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Simply follow the below procedure to root HTC EVO 4G but don’t forget to read “Prerequisites” and “Disclaimer” section. Let’s start our journey!
Disclaimer: Obviously, rooting voids your device warranty. And we don’t take any responsibility, if anything happens to your device while performing below rooting process. So, follow at your own risk 😉
1. Charge you batter upto 70-80 % level.
2. Downlaod HTC EVO 4G drivers.
3. Back-up your phone data.
4. Enable USB debugging.
- Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
5. Enable fastboot.
- Menu > Settings > Applications > fastboot.
6. Download file to root HTC EVO 4G
Procedure to root :
1. Switch off your device and pull the battery to see the serial number printed on the bottom line of the device and starting with “HT” then a series of numbers and letters.
2. Install the device drivers correctly and placed the “SuperSU” on the SD card.
3. Now go to “Revolutionary site“. Scroll down to download “Revolutionary Tool for Windows”.
4. As you click on it, a small form will open asking following things. See the below image for the knowledge and fill the form according to your device information.
5. As you completed to fill the form, click on generate key and it will generate “Beta Key”. Note down the key on the notepad.
6. Connect you device via USB cable in “Charging mode” only.
7. Now, extract the downloaded “Revolutionary Tool” and run “revolutionary”.
8. Your device should be detected automatically and it will prompt for “Beta Key”. Enter the “Beta Key”, which I told you to note down in notepad.
9. That’s it! Let the tool do its work, don’t interrupt in between. You may see that it’s frozen then also wait for a few minutes.
10. After all the process gets completed, revolutionary will ask to connect the internet to download “recovery”, type “y” and hit enter. It will do it and then reboot.
11. Now, the last process to do it to flash “SuperSU” file to root HTC EVO 4G. For that, disable fastboot and USB debugging and power down the device.
12. To boot into recovery, press and hold “Volume down + Power button” together until you see “HBoot” menu. From there, select “recovery”
13. In recovery, choose the “choose .zip from sdcard” option and give the path of “SuperSU.zip”, which you have placed earlier.
14. When whole process is completed, just reboot the device and you’re done 🙂
That’s it! You have successfully root HTC EVO 4G easily. In case, if you face any difficulty in understanding or performing then feel free to contact with us via comments and we will try to solve your all the difficulties. Happy Rooting 😀 [Via]