A Taiwanese manufacturer HTC has lined up a brand new device to its “Desire” series namely HTC Desire 816. It’s a mid-range Smartphone comprising of quite impressive specifications and running on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat overlaid with HTC Sense 6. Here is the good news for HTC Desire 816 owners that they can easily root their device to gain the administrative privileges. Today, in this article, we will illustrate a detailed guide on How to root HTC Desire 816 and Install Custom Recovery on it.
Obviously, rooting is an illegal act and if you follow the below guide then your device warranty will no longer valid. Also, we are not responsible for any damage or unexpected outcomes of your device. So, follow at your own risk. Let’s get started.
- Your device battery must be charged upto 70%.
- Do enable “USB Debugging” option on your device.
- The device bootloader must be in an unlocked state.
- Install appropriate USB drivers on your PC.
Needed Rooting Files:
How To Root HTC Desire 816 and Install CWM Recovery
1) You need to download above both the files on your PC.
2) Then, connect your HTC Desire 816 to your PC via official USB data cable.
3) Now, copy the downloaded “SuperSu” file to your device memory.
4) Turn off your device.
5) You have to boot your device in to “fastboot” mode. For that, you need to press and hold “Volume down key + Power button” together for a few seconds.
6) Once you get the fastboot screen, immediately connect your device to your PC and make sure that you have installed the USB drivers.
7) Launch the downloaded “CWM_Recovery_en.exe” file to install Custom Recovery on your device. The process will be completed in a few seconds.
8) Now, enter in to the “Recovery mode” by selecting “Recovery” from the Hboot menu. Please make sure that you don’t reboot your device.
9) Finally, you have to flash “SuperSu” file to install the SuperSu app on your device.
10) To do so, elect “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “SuperSu” which you have copied earlier.
11) Once the flashing process is completed successfully, reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your newly HTC Desire 816 running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If you have got any queries then tell us in the comments section below. Enjoy 😀