HTC ChaCha is an Android Smartphone manufactured and released by HTC in 2011. The Smartphone was the first of its kind to feature a dedicated button for Facebook along with a QWERTY keyboard.
However, times have passed and the HTC ChaCha seems to be a pretty outdated device according to today’s Smartphone hardware standards. And if you feel that your HTC ChaCha is lacking too behind, you can boost up its performance by rooting it and then installing some custom ROM for HTC ChaCha of your choice.
And if you’re in search of a tutorial on how to root HTC ChaCha, today we’re here with a detailed tutorial on how to root HTC ChaCha Android Smartphone.
Specifications of the HTC ChaCha:
Before we proceed with the rooting guide, below is a small list of important hardware specifications of the HTC ChaCha:
- 2.6 inch touch screen with a screen resolution of 480 x 320 px and a PPI of 222.
- 800 MHz processor.
- 512 MB RAM and 512 MB ROM.
- MicroSD card storage expansion support up to 32 GB.
- 5 MP rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash.
- VGA front facing camera.
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- QWERTY keyboard.
Before we proceed into the rooting guide, below are some warning information that you should be aware of before attempting to root your HTC ChaCha:
- Rooting is a complex process. Hence proceed at your own risk only.
- We are not responsible even if you damage your HTC ChaCha during or after completing the rooting process.
- You may or may not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting your HTC ChaCha.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow before attempting to root your HTC ChaCha:
- Make sure that your HTC ChaCha has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed USB Drivers for HTC ChaCha on your PC.
- Download the root kit from here.
How To Root HTC ChaCha:
Now that you’ve completed reading the warnings and prerequisites section above, below is the simple and detailed tutorial on how you can root HTC ChaCha:
- First of all, connect your Smartphone to the computer.
- If you installed the USB Drivers for HTC ChaCha correctly, the system will now recognize your device.
- Now, extract the root kit folder that you downloaded earlier.
- And from the extracted root kit folder, run the “RunMe.bat” file.
- Now a new window will appear. Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the rooting process.
- Once the rooting process begins, wait for it to complete successfully.
- Once the rooting processes completes, reboot your HTC ChaCha manually.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your HTC ChaCha Android Smartphone. I hope you found this tutorial helpful. In case o any difficulties or doubts in the above written tutorial, please leave them as comments below.