Chromecast is the easy way to enjoy online video and music on your TV. Plug it into any HDTV and control it with your existing smartphone, tablet, or laptop. No remotes required. Cast your favorites from Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, and Chrome to your TV with the press of a button.
It is launched just few days back and people have started searching “How To Root Google Chromecast” so here we are going to provide exact tutorial to root is very easily.
Some Nice Features Of Google Chromecast:
Browse for what to watch, control playback, and adjust the volume using the smartphone, tablet, or laptop you already know how to use.
- Works across platforms
Chromecast works with Android smartphones and tablets, iPhone® and iPad® devices, Chrome for Windows, Chrome for Mac®, and Chromebook Pixel. Support for other Chromebooks coming soon.
- Multitask without interruption
Switch to another app, open a new browser tab, or let your device go into sleep mode while you continue to watch your favorites on the TV, all without draining the battery on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Cast the Web to your TV*
With Chromecast, cast a Chrome browser tab with anything from photos to music to video from your Windows or Mac laptop or Chromebook Pixel to your TV at home.
- Plug in and play
Get started in 3 easy steps: Plug Chromecast into your TV, connect it to Wi-Fi, then cast videos and more from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to your TV.
- Stays out of sight
Chromecast is designed to plug directly into the back of your TV, slipping out of view. It’s a small device in its category, making it easy to set up on any TV in your house.
- For everyone
Friends and family can use your Chromecast with their phones and tablets without having to set up anything, as long as they’re connected to the Wi-Fi network at your house.
- High-definition entertainment
Chromecast supports up to 1080p video resolution, so you won’t lose picture quality from high-def sources.
But If you are a Gadget Geek or want something more from a device…Like me :D.You must have to root you device first.
So, Today I will show you how to Root Google Chromecast.
Requirements to Root :
- You need a USB OTG Cable and a USB Flash Drive with at least 128mb capacity.
- You need a Windows Based PC or Laptop.
Download Required Files:
Method Of Rooting For Google Chromecast:
- Before beginning the process to Root Google Chromecast download both files from Download Section.
- Extract both files in new folder at you desktop.
- Plugin you USB Flash Drive to you PC.
- Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click anywhere on your Desktop and choose Open command window here.
- Type dd if=gtvhacker-chromecast.bin of=/dev/sdX bs=1024 Into the command prompt window.
- Now Plug you USB Flash Drive into one end of USB OTG Cable.
- Plug the other end into your Google Chromecast.
- Press and hold the button on the Chromecast while plugging-it to the Power cord.
- Your device will now automatically do the rest of the job to gain root access.
Congrats!!! Your Google Chromecast is rooted now..Enjoy 😀