Gionee Elife E6 is a high-end smartphone packed with some really good hardware and features. The device is manufactured by Gionee, one of the more popular smartphone manufacturers in the world and currently gaining ground in developing nations. The device’s looks are sleek and shinny. It is packed with some high-end specifications like a 5.0-inch IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, a 1.5 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A7 processor with PowerVR Series 5XT GPU and 2 GB RAM, 32 Internal storage. The device run on Android 4.2 Jellybean and come with a 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front facing camera. If you have this device and you want to root it, so that you can install custom ROMs, recoveries, tweaks & mods, install apps which need root access, uninstall some pre-installed apps which your don’t want if your device then you are at right place. In this article, we’ll guide how to root your smartphone without any PC using Framaroot app. Its one of the easiest rooting method available.
WARNING: Rooting your smartphone will result in the lost of your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it, unless you unroot your device. Also, if you don’t follow the instructions carefully while rooting, then your device might get bricked and if that happens don’t hold us liable. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
- This method is only for Gionee Elife E6. Leave a comment below if you need any help related to your device.
- Make sure your device is charged at least 60% for safe rooting process.
- Create a backup of all your important data (The rooting process will not delete anything from your device, but still we recommend you to create a backup of you important data).
- Enable “Installation from Unknown sources” in your smartphone : Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown sources.
- You don’t need any PC or Laptop for this method.
How To Root Gionee Elife E6
- Follow all the instructions written above for safe rooting.
- Download Framaroot apk file in your smartphone and install it (Make sure “Installation from Unknown sources” is enable in your device).
- Now open the App drawer and launch the Framaroot app in your Gionee Elife E6.
- Now, select “Install SuperSU” as the first option and once done, click on “Barahir” under the list of exploits to begin the rooting process.
- The rooting process will take one or two minutes only. Once completed, you will get the following message “Success. Superuser and SuperSU binary installed. You have to reboot your device“. Tap “OK” and it’ll reboot your smartphone.
That’s it!! Your Gionee Elife E6 is successfully rooted now.