Asus is making lot of progress in the smartphone market with it’s Zenfone series, which is boosting sales like never before. These devices are very popular because of their excellent performance at a very cheap price. The Asus Zenfone 2 is a beast of a smartphone with a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080 x 1920) display with 403 pixel per density and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The Zenfone 2 is the first smartphone to be commercially available with 4 GB RAM. The device is available in two different variants, one come with 1.8 GHz Quad-core Intel Atom Z3560 processor with 2 GB RAM and the second come with a 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor with 4 GB RAM, though both come with same PowerVR G6430 GPU. A 13 MP rear camera with Full HD recording and a 5 MP front facing camera is enough for your need. The device just launched this march and here we are with a guide to root and install CWM custom recovery on your Zenfone 2. This method of rooting and flashing custom recovery image is really simple, all you have to do is to follow the steps written below and you can enjoy your rooted Asus Zenfone 2 after that. You can install Apps which need root access, flash Custom ROMs, flash various tweaks and mods and lot of other things. But before you follow the method, make sure you follow all the Pre Requisites for safe installation.
- This method is working and tested on Asus Zenfone 2 only.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- Download and Install latest USB Drivers for Asus Zenfone 2.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
How To Install CWM And Root Your Asus Zenfone 2
- Hope you followed all the instructions written above step by step and didn’t skip any thing.
- Download both zip file (CWM Recovery zip file and SuperSu zip file) in your PC.
- Transfer the SuperSu zip file in memory storage of your Asus Zenfone 2.
- Extract the CWM Custom Recovery zip file on your PC’s desktop.
- Now connect your phone to PC using data cable.
- Open the CWM folder on your desktop and Double click on cai_dat_CWM.bat file to run the recovery installer tool to start installing the CWM recovery on Zenfone 2.
- Now type ACCEPT in the command prompt and hit enter button.
- Then type T4 in command prompt and hit enter button again to start the recovery flashing.
- Once the recovery is successfully flashed your device will automatically boot into CWM Recovery Mode.
- Choose Install zip from sd card option and then select the root package file UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip you transfered earlier in your device’s storage.
- Now select Yes on next screen to confirm flashing. Once the flashing of SuperSu zip file is done, go to main recovery menu and reboot your device.
Congrats!! Your Asus Zenfone 2 is successfully rooted now and CWM Custom Recovery is flashed into it.