Xiaomi knew the importance of a developing market with a potential reach of 1.2 billion . That’s why they are doing their best to attract more and more people to buy their products, which are cheap in price and come with decent hardware specifications. Xiaomi is currently the largest smartphone vendor in China and also giving tough competition to its competitors in India. One of the most popular smartphone launched by Xiaomi in India is the Redmi Note 4G phablet with a 5.5-inch HD screen bearing 1280 X 720 resolution. The device is popular in developing countries like India and China because of its good hardware and cheap price. The device is packed with a 1.6 GHz Quad-core processor with Snapdragon 400 chipset and Adreno 305 GPU, a 13 MP rear shooter and 5 MP front camera, 8 GB internal storage with 2 GB RAM and 4G support, and you’ll get all this in less than 10,000 INR in India. Xiaomi smartphones come with MIUI firmware based on Android which is pretty cool. But if you want to change some things in you smartphone like deleting some system apps, flashing Custom ROM or tweaks in Redmi Note 4G, then you’ll have to root your device first. In this article, you’ll learn how to root and unroot your device. The method explained below is really easy and short, just follow these simple steps.
- This method is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
- Create backup of all your important data.
- Make sure your device is fully charged (60% minimum).
- Enable USB Debugging in your device first.
- You don’t need any PC or Laptop for this process. Just your smartphone with active internet connection.
- Download the RedMiNote_root.zip file, If you want to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
- Download the UNROOT.zip file, if you want to unroot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
- First follow all the instructions written above for safe rooting.
- Download the RedMiNote_root.zip file in your device.
- Now open the Updater app from App drawer of your device and tap on Menu key.
- Select ‘Select update package’ option and choose the downloaded root zip file (RedMiNote_root.zip).
- Now click on Update button and wait for the update to finish and then it’ll reboot your device.
- After the reboot, open the ‘Security’ app. Select ‘Permission’ and enable Root permission.
Now your device is rooted.
How To Unroot Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
- If you want to unroot your just follow the same process, just select the unroot zip file instead of root zip file. 😀