Asus is trying to become a main player in the global smartphone market. In the last year, Asus launched many budget friendly smartphones in India to compete with other smartphone manufacturers like Xiaomi, Motorola and Micromax. One of the most popular smartphone from Asus which made lots of headlines is the Asus Zenfone 5. The device is packed with 5-inch HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, a 2 GHz Intel Atom Dual-core processor with PowerVR SGX544MP2 and 2 GB RAM, 8 GB/ 16 GB/ 32 GB storage options, 8 MP rear and 2 MP front facing camera. You can get all this in the Asus Zenfone 5 at only Rs 9,999 . The device had been really popular and the sales of Zenfone series from Asus is booming right now. Lots of user want to root their Asus Zenfone, because they want to flash Custom ROMs and tweaks in it. Here we’ll guide you how to root the Asus Zenfone 5 with simple steps. We will root Asus Zenfone 5 using an Android app, so you don’t need any PC or Laptop for this method. But make sure that installation from Unknown sources is enabled in your device and also USB Debugging is ticked. Don’t forget to create a backup of all your important data. Normally root doesn’t wipe your device data but still its safe to create a backup. The method of rooting Asus Zenfone 5 is really easy, so just follow the simple instructions, make sure you don’t skip any step. In this article we’ll also guide you about how to unroot your device, In case you feel that your device’s performance is not as good as it was before rooting then you can easily unroot your device.
- This method is working and tested on Asus Zenfone 5 only (Don’t try on any other device).
- You don’t need any PC or Laptop for this method.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Enable installation from Unknown sources in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% minimum.
- Zenfone Root App (RootZenFone-22.214.171.124r.apk) (Size : 2.77 MB)
How to Root and Unroot Zenfone 5
- First follow all the instruction written above.
- Download the Zenfone Root app in your device directly.
- Now install the Zenfone Root app in your device (Make sure installation from Unknown Sources is enabled).
- Open the App Drawer, you’ll find a new app there called “Root Zenfone”.
- Open the “Root Zenfone” app in your device and select “SuperSU by Chainfire” to Root your device. If your device is already root and you want to unroot it tap on “UnRoot” for unrooting the device.
- Now follow the simple onscreen instructions.
Your Asus Zenfone 5 is successfully rooted now.