So now that the S5 is out root methods have been popping out for different models of the phone. And most of the methods are similar. However the AT&T and Verizon versions are different. You can’t use Odin for them like the other versions. If you have a Verizon or At&T S5 and you wish to root and install ROMs, continue to read.
Me and the developer of this root method are not responsible for any unwanted outcomes regarding your phone. Proceed at your own risk. If you root only without the custom recovery your warranty will not void.
1. Go to Settings > Security > and enable Install from Unknown Sources.
2. On your phone go to towelroot.com and hit the Lamda icon to download the apk to your phone.
3. Pull down your notification shade and click the apk you have just downloaded and click to install it.
4. If you get a warning screen don’t mind it, just continue.
5. Once the app has finished installing click on the make it ra1n button. The app will now root your phone and it will reboot.
6. Now enter the play store and download the SuperSU app.
7. When it asks to update binaries click cancel and disable knox.
To check if root is working properly go back to the playstore and download root checker.
Installing Custom Recovery
1. Go to the Play Store and install BusyBox.
2. Open the app and click the install button.
3. Download the appropriate safestrap for your device.
4. Once the apk has been downloaded pull down the notification shade and click the apk you have downloaded. Install the apk.
5. If you are rooted and have SuperSU installed the popup box should come up and ask for access, grant it.
6. Now to install the recovery just click install and if you want to install it just click uninstall.
That’s it your AT&T or Verizon S5 is rooted with a recovery.