It’s been a week of controversies for the Micromax subsidiary, but as they say, all is well if it ends well! The first sale is gone, apologies have been made and now it’s time to move on with the second batch of devices to go on sale. Meanwhile, for those who already managed to get their hands on one, they can get started with this.
We all know how powerful a device the Yureka is and with Micromax and Cyanogenmod going all guns blazing for the development for this device with complete device tree and sources at launch, let’s not delay the ride and hop onto it!
In order to get started with flashing ROMs and MODs onto the device, the first step involved is the Bootloader unlocking process. The Bootloader is much like the Boot manager on a Windows PC which manages the boot options and access. Without much ado, let’s begin.
Of course, you’ll need to have fastboot and ADB drivers installed in order to get started with anything related to Android and Root. If you do not know how to install ADB drivers, click on this link.
UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER ON YU YUREKA:
- Turn off the device and connect it to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
- Wait for the notification LED to go RED and as soon as it does, press the Volume Up button to get your device booted into the Fastboot mode.
- Now, once in Fastboot mode, go to the Fastboot folder on your PC and open a command window there ( Shift + Right Click ).
- Once in the command window, enter the following code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
The above command might delete all the data on the internal storage!
- Now we’re done with unlocking the Bootloader on the device.
- Stay in the command prompt!
- Download this file which contains the Recovery image to proceed with the next set of instructions.
INSTALL CWM BASED CUSTOM RECOVERY ON YOUR PHONE:
- If you haven’t shut down the command prompt as written in the penultimate step, you can proceed by copying the Recovery image(.img) file to the Fastboot folder on your PC.
- Once you get done with that, you just need to enter the following bit of code to flash the recovery onto your device:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
- That’s it! Now check the installation by trying to boot your phone up using a Power + Volume Up key combination and see if it boots up into the new recovery rather than the stock recovery.
- If you’re through it, we can proceed to the next process and the final step for getting your device rooted.
- You’ll need to download this file which contains the SuperSU that is an app which manages your app based root permissions.
ROOT YOUR YUREKA BY FLASHING SuperSU ZIP:
- If you’ve followed all the instructions in the way they’ve been mentioned above, all you need to do now is place the zip file downloaded in the previous step to the root folder of your device’s internal memory.
- Now Turn off your device and boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, for the first timer, you can navigate using the Volume keys and make a selection using the Power/Lock key. Give it a try and Navigate to “Install Zip from SD card”.
- On the screen to follow, select the file that you placed in the root folder of your phone’s internal memory in the first step itself!
- Proceed and Confirm( Select Yes on the next screen ) to get the file flashed onto your device via Recovery.
- Go back and “Reboot your System” .
Note that this boot might take a few seconds more over the usual ones! Once your device is done booting up, you can look for the SuperSU app and if it’s there, you’re home fella!
For more on this and any queries/suggestions, do drop a word in the comments sections. Happy To Help !