The Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 is a very popular budget Android Smartphone with a very decent line up of hardware specifications. The specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 include a 1.2 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, 8 MP primary camera, 2 MP front facing camera, Micro SD card storage expansion support up to 64 GB and a 2100 mAh battery.
However, if you’re not a fan of the Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface then you can transform your Smartphone’s UI to a clone of the Sony Xperia’s default launcher by installing a custom ROM. Below are some of the features of this Custom ROM:
- De–odexed and pre-rooted.
- Xperia styled custom launcher.
- Xperia styled icon pack.
- Busy box installed.
- Xperia styled music player.
- And many other tweaks and optimizations to resemble your Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 to a Sony Xperia Smartphone.
As you have seen, installing this custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand will transform the look and feel of your Smartphone similar to that on any Xperia Smartphones from Sony. And if you’re interested in installing this custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082, then below is a detailed tutorial on the same.
- Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s tends to void the warranty of Android Smartphones.
- There are chances of your Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 getting damaged, if you misfollow the guide written below. Hence proceed at your own risk only.
- Take a complete backup of your Smartphone data, as installing this custom ROM will delete all the data stored in the internal storage space of your Samsung Galaxy grand GT-I9082.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Grand has already been rooted and CWM recovery has been installed.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
How To Install Xperia Styled Custom ROM On Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082:
Installing this custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand is a very easy process and below is how:
- Copy/paste the downloaded ROM kit to the external storage space on your Smartphone. Make sure that you do not extract the ROM kit.
- Power OFF your Smartphone.
- And then boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+power+home keys at the same time.
- Perform a “Data Factory Reset”, “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Next choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And then, select the ROM kit that you placed earlier in the external SD card of your Smartphone and confirm the selection.
- And now, the Xperia styled custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Grand will be installed.
- Get back to the main menu of the recovery mode.
- And from the recovery mode main menu, click on the “Reboot System Now” option.
And you’re done. Congratulations, you have now successfully completed installing the Xperia styled custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 Android Smartphone. I really hope that you found this tutorial helpful and in case of any doubts, please do mention them as comments below.