Today we’re back with yet another ROM for the very popular Nexus 7 2013, or as we affectionately call it Flo. Now Lollipop has been out quite a while, yet in the slew of Custom ROMs, none have yet managed to give a truly stable performance. And that is where Resurrection Remix comes in. So let’s take a look at them shall we?
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- List-view animations
- LCD Density
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all cm 12 features
- And many more slim omni and original RR improvements and system ui changes running in this alpha build.
- Your Nexus 7 must be rooted with it’s boot loader unlocked.
- You must have a custom recovery installed, like TWRP or CWM.
- Your tablet must be charged over 80%.
- Some common sense and ability to follow instructions.
With that done, let’s get this show on the road.
Fresh Install Tutorial
Boot into recovery mode. To do so, power off your tablet. Press and hold Volume Down and Power, all at the same time. Release the buttons only when the Fastboot / Bootloader Mode menu appears. Use one of the Volume buttons to change the START text to Recovery Mode. When Recovery Mode option is listed in the above part of the Fastboot Mode menu you can press Power. The custom TWRP / CWM Recovery menu should now appear.
Backup your current ROM from your custom recovery.
Do a complete wipe, data and cache.(includes Dalvik Cache)
Navigate to your SD Card and select the ROM zip file. Flash the ROM. (For your convenience we advise that you keep the zip file at the root of your SD card)
If you’re so inclined, flash the GAPPs package by navigating to the SD card and choosing the GAPPs zip.
Reboot. The first boot will take longer than others so don’t worry.
Incremental Updates Tutorial
Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
Take a nandroid backup of the last stable version of the ROM.
Flash ROM using recovery
Wipe cache & dalvik cache. No need to wipe data.
Reboot to updated ROM.
And there you have it! You’re all set and ready to rock Resurrection Remix!
Leave the questions comments and queries in that box down below and we’ll be sure to get back to you.