OnePlus One is one of the most popular Android smartphones in the world, since its release in June, 2014. They named it the flagship killer because it is available at a cheap price and provides high-end performance to the consumer. The company planned to sale just 50,000 units but as of November, 2014, the OnePlus One has sold 5,00,000 units. The main reason behind the success of the OnePlus One is it’s hardware specification and CyanogenMod OS. The device is packed with a 5.5-inch Full HD display and corning gorilla glass 3 protection. This beast runs on a 2.5 GHz Quad-core processor with Snapdragon 801 chipset and Adreno 330 GPU. Some features like a 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP front facing camera, 16 GB/ 64 GB Internal storage options with 3 GB RAM makes it more attractive than other smartphones in the same price range. In this article, we’ll guide you about how to install MIUI 6 Custom ROM in your OnePlus One using Custom Recovery. Make sure your device is rooted and TWRP Custom Recovery is installed.
- This method is only for OnePlus One.
- Make sure your phone is rooted and Custom Recovery is installed. Click Here for rooting and flashing Custom Recovery in OnePlus One method.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Your device must be charged at least 60%.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
How To Install MIUI 6 Custom ROM on OnePlus One
- Follow all the instructions written above step by step for safe installation.
- Make sure your device is rooted and TWRP Custom Recovery is installed.
- Download both MIUI 6 Custom ROM and GApps zip files in your computer.
- Now copy both zip files in your phone’s internal storage.
- Now boot your device’s in Recovery Mode, Power off your phone and Press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time, let go when you see the OnePlus logo on screen.
- You are in main menu of Custom TWRP Recovery.
- First you have to wipe everything, select Wipe and select Advanced Wipe. Select “Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data and System” option. Then confirm the wipe process by swiping the slide.
- Go back to the main menu and tap on Install and select the Custom ROM zip file, the flashing process will start. After flashing Custom ROM zip file successfully, select the GApps zip file and flash it too.
- After flashing both zip file, go back to main menu and tap on Reboot > System. It’ll restart your device, first boot after installation can take few minutes so don’t worry about that.
That’s it!! Enjoy MIUI 6 Custom ROM in the Flagship Killer OnePlus One.