The LG Google Nexus 5 is a very popular Android Smartphone released in November of 2013 and features a list of high end top notch hardware specifications such as a Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.2 GHz, Adreno 330 GPU, 8 MP primary camera with Optical Image Stabilization, 2 MP secondary camera and a 5 inch 1080p Full-HD display. One more advantage of the Google Nexus 5 is that it is the first Android Smartphone to ship with the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS pre-installed and will be among the first to receive future Android version upgrades as well.
There are lots of popular custom ROM’s out there built for the Google Nexus 5 and if you’re interested in trying one of them, then today we’re here with a tutorial to install the “KangaKat” custom ROM, one of the most popular custom ROM for your Google Nexus 5.
Here are some warning statements that you should read prior to installing the KangaKat custom ROM on your Google Nexus 5:
- Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s on Android Smartphones are an unauthorized process and hence tends to void the warranty of your Android Smartphone.
- We are not responsible if you end up damaging your Google Nexus 5 during or after completing the installation process. Hence proceed at your own risk only.
- This custom ROM installation guide is solely meant to be performed in the Google Nexus 5 only.
Below are a couple of prerequisite procedures to complete before attempting to install the KangaKat custom ROM on your Google Nexus 5 Android Smartphone:
- Make sure that your Google Nexus 5 has already been rooted and CWM recovery has been installed.
- Download and install all USB Drivers for Google Nexus 5 on your PC.
- Make sure that your Google Nexus 5 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
How To Install KangaKat Custom ROM on Google Nexus 5:
Below is the detailed guide on how to install the KangaKat Custom ROM on Google Nexus 5 Android Smartphone:
- First of all, connect your Google Nexus 5 to the PC.
- And then copy/paste the ROM kit that you downloaded earlier, to the internal storage space of your Google Nexus 5.
- Now disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
- Power OFF your Smartphone.
- And then boot into recovery mode.
- And then, perform a “Data/Factory Reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Choose the ROM kit that you copied to your Smartphone earlier.
- Confirm the selection.
- Now the KangaKat custom ROM will be installed on your Google Nexus 5.
- After the installation process completes, click on the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Wait for your Smartphone to reboot.
As its the first boot after installing a custom ROM it might a couple of minutes. And you’ve now successfully installed the KangaKat custom ROM on your Google Nexus 5 Android Smartphone. I hope you found this tutorial helpful and in case of any queries or doubts regarding this tutorial, then please do leave them as comments below so that we can check them out and help you if it’s needed.