Smartphone display sizes have always been a topic for great discussions. A couple of years back, a 4.7 inch display screen was seen as an extreme screen size for people to handle. And nowadays, Smartphones display screens goes up to 6 inches in size and thus have broken out the wall between Smartphones and Tablets, thus creating a new “Phablet” section in the Smartphones industry.
Samsung can be termed as the Smartphone manufacturer who made the Phablet section popular by the introduction of their Samsung Galaxy Note series. Three Phablets have been released under the Note series, and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 being the latest addition to the series.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2, predecessor to the Note 3, was largely popular for its incredible hardware specification and the tremendous battery life which could comfortably last you a couple of days without needing a charging cycle. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 being a latest Android device, does bring in some UI changes and some additional features than the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Well, you’ll be able to get some of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 features on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 by the next firmware update, scheduled for a couple of months from now. However, if you’re impatient and if you wish to experience the features of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 now, you can still achieve it by rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and then installing the Ditto custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which packs in some of the features from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
And today, we’re here with a tutorial that will guide you the processes required to install the Ditto custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Below are some warning information for you to read before installing the Ditto custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Rooting and installing custom ROM on an Android device is an unauthorized process and tends to void the warranty of your Android device. Hence, you’ll lose all warranty benefits over your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 once you root it and or install any custom ROM.
- There are risks of your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 getting damaged during the rooting or ROM installation process. Therefore, we recommend to proceed at your own risk and we are not to be blamed if you damage your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 during or after completing the processes mentioned below.
- We recommend you to backup all your important data’s before attempting to install this custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete before attempting to install the Ditto custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Install the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- You’ll need to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and then install TWRP recovery on it before attempting to proceed with this tutorial.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
How To Install the Ditto custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
Below is the detailed guide on how to install the Ditto ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the computer.
- Now copy and paste the ROM kit that you downloaded earlier to the external storage space of your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Power OFF your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power keys at the same time.
- Take a backup of your current ROM and also take a EFS backup and a backup of your Modem.
- Now from the recovery mode click on Install.
- And then click on the ROM kit that you copied and pasted earlier on your Smartphone.
- After installing the ROM, do a Factory/Data reset and Wipe data.
- Now reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
The rebooting process might take quite some time longer than usual as its the first boot after installing a new ROM on your Smartphone. Hence please wait peacefully. Congratulations, you have now successfully installed the Ditto ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Enjoy !