The Nexus 9 is part of the Nexus series of tablets and is co-developed by Google and HTC. Nexus tablets have always given tough competition to other tablet manufacturers. Nexus 9 is a high-end tablet packed with excellent hardware and software. The device has a beautiful 8.9-inch display with 281 pixel per inch density because of its 1536 x 2048 resolution. The device packs a 2.3 GHz 64 bit Dual-core processor with Nvidia Tegra K1 chipset and Kepler DX1 GPU. The Nexus 9 looks are sleek and attracting, it come with 8 MP rear camera and 1.6 MP front camera. In our last article we wrote about How to Update Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using ADB & Fastboot. Android Lollipop 5.1.1 (LMY47X) official Update is now available for the Nexus 9 (LTE) users. The update comes with lots of fixes and improvements and the nexus 9 users will get this update via the OTA. If you want to install this update on your Nexus 9 manually, here is the complete guide which you can follow on your Nexus and update the same within a few minutes. This update works on only Nexus 9 (LTE) device and doesn’t try this on any other Nexus device. Bootloader of your device must be unlocked to follow this guide.
- This article is only for HTC Nexus 9 LTE (Don’t try this on any other Nexus device).
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked, If not Click Here to unlock.
- Create a backup of all your important (Official update never wipe your personal data, but still we’ll recommend you to create a backup).
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged before your proceed.
- This method is for Windows, Linux and MAC users.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Nexus device.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC Nexus 9.
How to Update Nexus 9 to Android 5.1.1. Lollipop
- Follow all the instructions mentioned above step by step and don’t skip anything.
- Download ADB and Fastboot zip file and extract it in a folder
- Download official Android update file and also extract its file in the same folder where you extracted the ADB and Fastboot files.
- Now connect your device to PC using data cable (Make sure USB Drivers are installed in your PC and USB Debugging is enabled in your device).
- Now Turn OFF your phone.
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now open the folder where you extracted all the files and run these files according to your OS.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Once the process is complete, your device will reboot to system, first boot can take some time so don’t panic.
That’s it, your device is successfully updated to Android 5.1.1. Lollipop.