HTC, as an OEM has always been popular for providing best hardware and software experiences through its Smartphones to its users. Last year’s flagship Android Smartphone for HTC, the HTC One X too had a similar trace. Packed in with durable hardware, top notch hardware and an impressing camera, the HTC One X was the Smartphone to beat.
But sadly the HTC One X was launched with Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and hence after has failed to get every future update. But now that the Android 4.4 Kitkat with support to the lower end and older Smartphones has released, finally there is a tinge of hope on HTC One X getting the Android 4.4 official update.
However, if you’re too impatient to wait for the official Android 4.4 Kitkat release for the HTC One X, you can now enjoy all major features provided by Android 4.4 Kitkat on your HTC One X by simply flashing the Android 4.4 Kitkat custom ROM for the HTC One X. And if you’re out in search for a tutorial on the same, then today we’re here with a detailed and simple tutorial on how to install Android 4.4 Kitkat custom ROM on HTC One X.
Below are some warning statements for you to begin with before installing Android 4.4 Kitkat custom ROM on your HTC One X:
- Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s on Android Smartphones is an unauthorized procedure and hence tends to void the warranty of your Smartphone. And therefore, after you root and install any custom ROM on your HTC One X, you’ll lose all the warranty of your HTC One X and might not get any future official firmware updates too.
- There are risks of your HTC One X getting damaged due to errors. Hence we recommend you to proceed at your own risk and we are not to be blamed if you end up damaging your HTC One X.
- Backup all the important data’s from your HTC One X.
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X.
Below are a few prerequisite procedures to follow prior to installing the Android 4.4 Kitkat custom ROM on your HTC One X:
- Root and install CWM Recovery on your HTC One X.
- Unlock the bootloader.
- Make sure that your HTC One X has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for HTC One X on your PC.
- Download the GA-Apps kit from here.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
How To Install Android 4.4 Kitkat custom ROM on HTC One X:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to install Android 4.4 Kitkat custom ROM on HTC One X Android Smartphone:
- Copy/Paste the downloaded GA-Apps kit and the ROM kit to the storage space on your HTC One X.
- Download ROM manager app from the Google Play Store to your device.
- Run the app and click on boot into recovery mode.
- Your HTC One X will restart and boot into recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode, perform a “Cache wipe” and do a “Factory/Data reset”.
- Then from the main menu of the recovery mode, click on “Install ZIP From SD Card”.
- Then choose the ROM kit that you placed on the storage space of your HTC One X earlier and confirm the selection.
- Now the ROM will be installed on your HTC One X.
- Next, choose the GA-Apps kit from the storage space and confirm the selection.
- Now the GA-Apps kit will be installed on your HTC One X.
- Then navigate to the main menu of the recovery mode and click on”Reboot System Now”.
- And wait for the reboot process to complete successfully.
The reboot process might take some time longer than usual as its the first boot after installing the custom ROM, so wait patiently. Congratulations, you have now successfully installed the Android 4.4 Kitkat ROM on your HTC One X.