Recently, Samsung released its most awaited Smartphone, i.e. Samsung Galaxy S4 (the beast). Very few people had bought it because it’s unavailable in most of the countries. But I know you own it that’s why you are here to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 I9500. This is the official firmware you can also download from Samsung Kies or here we have put the detailed instruction to install this ROM.
Before going through the actual process of How to install Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 I9500, firstly you have read Prerequisite and disclaimer so that you are free from error.
Disclaimer: We have not released this official update, so if anything happens to your phone or some functionality is not working then don’t blame us!
1. Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
3. The phone must be rooted and CWM Recover is installed.
4. Ensure you have backed up your important data.
Step by Step Guide on:
How to install Jelly Bean [Android 4.2.2] on Galaxy S4 I9500
Step 1: Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S4 and Odin to your computer and extract it on the desktop.
Step 2: Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Volume Up key to enter download mode.
Step 3: Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow.
Step 4: Now select the files as per below instruction to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 I9500. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Step 5: Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes.
Step 6: Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
Step 7: Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
So, these all guide on installing this ROM. If you face any problem while installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 I9500 then put your query or problem via comments below and we will solve it ASAP!