Xiaomi has launched the Mi Pad in India at an amazing price point. For that price, the hardware that this device provides is simply phenomenal! But various software issues have been plaguing this tablet from the start. The version of MIUI on this is simply too bare bones and even with the 2GB of on board RAM, multi tasking is non existent! But we can remedy all of this to an extent. Despite Xiaomi not releasing kernel sources, we have a fairly stable and working version of stock Kitkat ie Cyanogen Mod 11 running on the Mi Pad. So Are you excited to flash this custom ROM? I know I am! Let’s get right into it
- Your Mi Pad must be rooted. You can check it how in this article.
- You must have adequate knowledge about flashing firmwares as this is an alpha release
- Your MI Pad must be charged to over 80%
- You can download the CM 11 ROM from here.
- You can download CWM recovery from here.
- TWRP Multirom can be found from here.
- The Multirom flashable zip is here.
- Gapps can be foumd in here. Be sure to use the Kitkat GAPPs.
- Tegra Optimisation zip can be downloaded from here.
Install CWM Recovery
Backup your current ROM from your custom recovery.
Do a complete wipe, data and cache.(includes Dalvik Cache)
Navigate to your SD Card and select the ROM zip file. Flash the ROM. (For your convenience we advise that you keep the zip file at the root of your SD card)
If you’re so inclined, flash the GAPPs package by navigating to the SD card and choosing the GAPPs zip.
Reboot. The first boot will take longer than others so don’t worry.
Install TWRP Multirom Recovery
Reboot into TWRP and install multirom-20150205-v30-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip
Click “Advanced->Multirom” and flash your desired second rom.
Return to the installed roms listing, click fresh installed rom and click “Remove boot.img” (Due to closed kernel sources kexec-hardboot is not implemented so we need to remove boot.img)
Reboot. Select your desired rom from multirom menu.
And you’re done! Congratulations on having stock android on your Mi Pad! Tell us how it performs. To get back Tegra optimizations you may flash this zip file on the CM11 installation.(whichever system partition it might be)
And that brings us to the end of this article! If you have any questions or comments feel free to voice them in the comment box below!