The Galaxy Note 4 is Samsung’s flagship phablet offering for this year. Packed with hardware specs designed to put any competing flagship device to shame, the only place where this behemoth might fall short is the audio department. HTC have their BOOM sound and Motorola also have their front facing speaker in the moto X, and even the Sony Z3 has dual speakers up front. However for Samsung, they decided to stick with the one solitary speaker in the back. But what does one do to remedy it? Install a custom mod for increasing your speaker and headset audio of course! And to help you with that we have this Dolby mod courtesy the devs over at XDA!
- You must have the N910c (running 5.0.1 Lollipop)
- You phone must be rooted.
- You must have the latest custom recovery installed. The lastest version TWRP (188.8.131.52) or Philz CWM is recommended. Click this link to know how to install TWRP. Choose the T-Mobile variant of course.
- You must have a deodexed lollipop ROM.
- Your phone must have over 80% charge.
- Download the Dolby zip file from here
- Download Titanium Backup from here
Reboot into recovery.
- Power off your device.
- Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Power Button and Home Button at the same time.
- Release all buttons when the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo screen flickers and in a few seconds the Recovery screen will appear.
Backup your current ROM from your custom recovery.
Do a complete wipe, data and cache.
Navigate to your SD Card and select the application zip file. Flash the zip. (For your convenience we advise that you keep the zip file at the root of your SD card)
Reboot. The first boot will take longer than others so don’t panic.
Once the reboot is done you should see the app in the app drawer, click on it and enable the Dolby digital plus!
1. My Soundalive force closes. What do I do?
Ans: Download and install Titanium Backup. Freeze soundalive using it.
There you have it! Dolby Digital on your Note 4! If you have a craving for a more stock-ish feel on your Galaxy Note 4 then do check out this article. We have a detailed instruction set on how you can get CyanogenMod 12 on it!
For any other questions, comments or queries, leave us a comment down below, we will be happy to help you out!